20.7.07

At this rate i might also quit the church

Really I should be continuing my other entry and I will but something else happened in this world of mine.

Its amazing how many people nowadays don’t’want to be Christians, its also amazing how organizations like the ACLU and freedom from religion don’t hate on any religious group except Christians. I thought about it yesterday and I actually think some of these people are justified for the things they feel, a little bit.

A friend of mine is going through a tough time and we spoke about it yesterday. Its so intresting because this is a woman of God who has loved Jesus the whole time I have known her, done things for people and is just a trail blazer in more ways than one.

I don’t know what it is but of late she has been feeling unmoved by the things of God, she doesn’t seem to have lost her love for Jesus she said she still loves Him but it now feels like he is trying to be too close and she is feeling suffocated. This is one woman who has been principled with no compromise all through but lately she has been saying she is tired of being the only one who is trying to be real.

We were in a group and some people began to rebuke her and say she was being self-pitying and needs to grow up but someone else spoke up and said its true, Christians nowadays are the fakest bunch of people, they want to get into heaven while doing as much of the world’s stuff as they can. I thought about it and really this woman had a point. The funny thing was that at the end of our meal only me and another woman were left to comfort this other friend, everyone else ran away, suddenly someone had a commitment, kind of like the people Jesus talked about who could not go to the banquet.

I learnt that way that the church is the place with the most fakes and it broke my heart. Yet she has always been there to comfort people in their issues even the smallest ones, the boyfriend issues, etc. but when it comes to a matter of her soul, someone has to go water their flowers.

That is not real.

To be honest this friend has seen a lot of opposition and misunderstanding and some things have been made up about her just to get her to be less competition for valued spots in church and elsewhere. She has very few true friends and I am glad to say that she thinks I am one of them and I hope I live up to it. She is always getting phone calls from around the world with people and their issues, while we were talking yesterday some young woman called to tell her she was pregnant and I wondered how she was able to counsel the young woman. She actually later said she was starting not to care what choices people make because if God is allowing it why should she interfere.

I know that kind of exhaustion and frustration and its very real and should be taken care of as soon as its spotted. But I don’t think anyone should be blamed for feeling like that. The church is among the fakest places to be and as a matter of fact my husband for a long time refused to go to church because of what a let down it had been to him. I mean there is the normal hardship that people go through in churches because they are different and there are bound to be clashes with differences in personality. I am not talking about that. I am talking about instances where people don’t even care to try to live for God, thinking that as soon as they say the sinner’s prayer they are scot free to do anything and anyone.

If its possible to do all the world does and get into heaven, then why am I saved? What’s the point?

Its very agravating the way people twist the Bible nowadays, all I will say is pray for my friend and pray for all the Christians because its time for us to get real. We cant be praying in the morning and watching harry potter in the evening dancing to all kinds of sexually explicit music and sleeping with men or women.

Choose one way the narrow way or the highway and stick to it this story of balancing on the fence doesn’t cut it Christians we all need to get serious.

3 comments:

Pea said...

It's all about focus. Quitting the church won't help anything or anyone. Unless, of course, you got saved to follow the church. And by the way, you'll find judgmental, phony people out in the world, too. It's Christ that matters here, and as long as your focus is on him, it shall be well with thee, lol. But yes she did tell me about the evening you guys spent together and tragic though I thought it was, hey... God is in control.

SAGE said...

We burn out wen we try to run God's business. Wen we feel like we r doing God service. The cliche is SEVIN GOD nowadays. But God dont want service men. Obedience is better than sacrifice. Even Elijah thot 'he was da only one nat caressin Baal' but God had remnants hidden in the caves. I believe God hath remnants dat wud rather not even Blog n wen they step in the church, they wud ratha not even take valuable spots. Hidden warriors. They have humbled themselves because of the love dat cuts across they hearts. Na mean. I guess wen we leave the church God wont even miss us cas that aint His rersidence anyway, unless we be leavin Him 4 da world. Word!

SAGE said...

Yo! Jus tagged cha. Hope u aint mind. Check out ma blog>