26.1.07

Baby Name Blame Game


This is becoming too much! Jim and I can’t agree on names for our baby. Coupled with the fact that we don’t even know if “he’s a he or she’s a she,” haha, this just makes things COMPLICATED!

Blame:

First of all, we had a huge fight because I found out he went behind my back and tried to find out the baby’s sex last week! I was SO mad! Have been mad at him for days now, but today I woke up and realized I am being irrational and over reacting a bit. He has apologized profusely and the number of roses all over my house is limit less so I think the man has suffered enough but I worry that we might have trust issues. We had a long talk last night and hopefully nothing like this will happen again.

Name:

We can’t agree! We know that God values names so we want to give our baby a name that will ‘prophesy’ his or her life. But then also Jim wants us to use names from our families, like we did for Ahava. Who is reading this? HELP!

Game:

Names in our family: We practically had to list them!

JAMES AND MELEASA
From our families:

JIM'S Parents: Jeremiah and Patience, both Luo.

Brothers
Jeffrey, Joel, John and Jim.
Indigenous: Milanya, Kidenda, Opondo, Jadier

Sisters:
Angela, Tiffany, Kellice and Gillian.
Indigenous: Nyahera, Awinja, Akinyi, Waga.


MY FAMILY:

Parents: Sobhuza and Kagiso, from Swaziland and Lesotho respectively

Brothers
Edward, Jerome,
Indigenous: Msimudze, She’she

sisters:
Sharon, Finesse, Meleasa (pronounced [muh-leeza]),
Indigenous: Tibati, Tsandzile, Phelele (pronounced Pe-le-le, not Felele)

OF COURSE we cannot use our own names so four names are excluded from the lists

This is only the immediate family mind you! Then we have the Biblical/Hebrew names of which I can accept ONLY:

Abraham, Aaron, Reu’el and Isaiah
For a guy and

Hadassah and Devorah
for a girl.

And we have WEEKS before our visitor is here! I am due Feb 17! What shall we do!

2 comments:

eddiie said...

i thought it would be for the good of the two of you ...i mean everyone wants to prepare for the new born in style...he though just escaped thats where the problem comes from.But take it easy...those ar blessings..

Pea said...

I didn't know he had a sister called Nyahera! Y'all in deep dudu... Hope you come up with something!